El próximo mes de Octubre participaré un las “7ª Conferencia Internacional sobre Testing y Calidad del Software en Sistemas Embebidos” que se realizarán en Bilbao. Presentaré una ponencia sobre “Test Factory implementation at Zurich CoE (Centre of Excellence)”, este es el resumen ejecutivo:
“Stable and qualitative software can only be achieved with dedicated testing activities for covering functional and non-functional business requirements. Zurich CoE has created and implemented a Test Factory, a comprehensive quality assurance group designed specifically to create a more efficient approach for delivering software testing activities in order to cover organization goals.
The Test Factory improves the overall test process capability by giving the effective solutions which would be in time, budget and quality. It helps testing and application development service providers drive the evolution of their service delivery to new levels of efficiency and competitiveness. The Test Factory business model also has immediate and direct impact on all facets of the testing activities organization.
The presentation aims at providing results from practical experience with our Test Factory at Zurich CoE. It is targeted towards attendees who are already implementing or are considering to starting one. This presentation will focus on experiences, recommendations, pitfalls, and results of the actual Test Factory implemented at Zurich CoE will be addressed. Topics will include but are limited to:
- Reasons of implementing a Test Factory Model.
- The Test Factory improves the overall test process capability by giving the effective solutions in time, budget (cost reduction) and quality.
- Offshore Model, Onsite Model and Hybrid (onsite-offshore) Models.
- Daily Test Factory operations.
- Using a Testing Framework implementation in order to design, plan, execute, and pursuit their testing activities.”